Tags

Monday, July 16, 2012

Peugeot 206 WRC

I remembered I bought a toy model last year of a Peugeot 206 WRC and had been meaning put it together. I decided to pull it out of my cupboard and make it in 3D as a weekend project... which I think I'd now like to push towards having a new portfolio piece. My ultimate goal is model and rig, as primarily I'd like to give a decent vehicle rig a go.

I've been learning a lot about topology for hard body modeling, there's a reason why I ended up being a rigger and not a modeler, heh. Anyways, I'm getting better I think, especially after saving some reference images of other artists cars and studying their wireframes.


First up, this is my toy model in the box:

Saturday's effort:

Sunday:

Monday:

Starting to flesh out the guts a bit now and tidying up some edge loops as I go.